Pages

Sunday 24 April 2011

Major Project - Carriage Show Off

This clip shows the rotation of the bar carriage which will be apart of the final animation sequence. The first part I had to decide about was how I was going to fade all the parts in, I could have done it in alternative software like After Effects but I decided to do it all in Maya by using the transparency channel of the shaders. An issue I came up against due to me doing it all in Maya was the reflections still appeared when I rendered the scene even though the textures were totally transparent, this was due to the glossiness of the shaders. So I had to turn the glossiness channel fully down on the shaders that used glossiness and then turn up the channel when the transparency of the particular was being turned up.


Project Orient Express - Carriage Revolution from Gary Doncaster on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment